Monday, June 16, 2008

Starting a New Payroll Software

I am a small business owner. Many payroll softwares are getting to be overpriced for my needs. I have done my research and decided to purchase Payroll Mate 2008. I found Payroll Mate at www.realtaxtools.com. Before making a purchase I reviewed the program using a trial version of the
Payroll Software
. There is no charge for the trial and it allowed me to view the features of the program before commiting to buying the product. I did call the company to ask a few questions. A real person answered the phone right away. She was very helpful and reassured me that I could call back if I had any other questions. You can contact them through email, live chat or a phone call. I haven't tried live chat yet; I can let you know how that goes when I do.
I did order the program by download, which came right away, but for those who prefer the company can ship a program CD.

At this point I have entered my company and employee information with no problems. The program does have some built-in income, tax and deduction categories but I will need to add some of my own. I will let you know how I progress with the software.

For those who would like to try here's a link to the Payroll Software Download .