Monday, June 23, 2008

Adding Categories to Payroll Mate

The Payroll Program allows you to add income, tax and deductoin categories. This feature is nice. Not all companies have the same income, tax and deductoins. This step is simple. You basically fill in the fields that pop up.



To give you an idea how the process works 1. Start by going to the Company Setup. You can do that by clicking on the “Company” icon on the left side of the application.2. Now Click on the “Tax Categories” Button.3. Click on Add to create a new Tax Category.4. Fill in the different fields. Below are suggested values:a. Title: School Tax.b. Abbreviation: School Tax.c. Calculation: Fill in the way you will calculate this deduction.e. Select OK to finish.5. Go to the employees list by clicking the “Employees” button on the left side of the application.6. Select the employees to whom this tax applies and click edit.7. Continue clicking next until you reach the “Taxes” Page, you should see the tax you added as one of the listed taxes. Make sure you check the box next to it. Click next and then Finish to finalize your changes.




I am finding this Payroll Program to be very easy to use. I am getting ready to complete and file my 941 form. My first step was to recreate my payroll for the year. I needed to have my employees current year to date information in the software. I did this by creating dummy checks for each month. When creating checks you can override the tax calculations the program computes if need be. If I were to create my entire payroll per pay period I may not have had to override the withholdings. This week I will be working on generating checks for my current pay period.




You can download a free demo if you want to from the link below:
Payroll Software Download This payroll solution is very easy to use and very affordable.